Homes that Heal, by Athena Thompson, reveals that our homes can contribute to many health problems such as asthma and cancers. It examines the built environment and the impact today's chemically polluted world is having on the health of present and future generations.
We do not strictly control Google ad content. If you believe any Google ad is inappropriate, please email us directly here.
Homes that Heal is solutions-oriented and full of stories and advice that empower families to take back their health. Subject matter includes:
- Healthy Home Quiz that enables readers to evaluate the health of their own home and identify many of the common home health hazards.
- Factors impacting indoor air quality.
- Room-by-room examination of typical problems and solutions.
- Toxic materials used in building a new home, or remodeling.
- Cleaning products and other consumer hazards found in the home.
- Introduction to the science of Bau-biologie (Building Biology), a recognized approach to healthy construction.
HHI Error Correction Policy
HHI is committed to accuracy of content and correcting information that is incomplete or inaccurate. With our broad scope of coverage of healthful indoor environments, and desire to rapidly publish info to benefit the community, mistakes are inevitable. HHI has established an error correction policy to welcome corrections or enhancements to our information. Please help us improve the quality of our content by contacting email@example.com with corrections or suggestions for improvement. Each contact will receive a respectful reply.
The Healthy House Institute (HHI), a for-profit educational LLC, provides the information on HealthyHouseInstitute.com as a free service to the public. The intent is to disseminate accurate, verified and science-based information on creating healthy home environments.
While an effort is made to ensure the quality of the content and credibility of sources listed on this site, HHI provides no warranty - expressed or implied - and assumes no legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product or process disclosed on or in conjunction with the site. The views and opinions of the authors or originators expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of HHI: its principals, executives, Board members, advisors or affiliates.